Me: . Is the indie kid without the indie pretentiousness. I'm the Aussie wannabe that tries too hard. Loves medicine and believes that it is a vocation, but is still ridiculously excited at the prospect of having a Real Job. Christian. Loves books and philosophical discussions conducted too late at night. Loves soft morning light and dusk. Obsessed with indie blogs, photography, knitting, music, 50s fashion and cats. Collects bird-themed brooches, expensive stationery and red lipstick. Dislikes cringe moments, raisins and being cold. Hello.

link link link link link

layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
nesting.
Friday, December 09, 2011 @ 11:38 am | comment (0)

I guess that living in a sharehouse is not really "home". It doesn't really ring, for me. It's a space where the only bit that's your own is your room, and the rest is full of everyone elses' presence. You don't buy the stuff you want for fear that housemates won't appreciate/will completely destroy it (I fear for my Anolon pan). It is synonamous with "temporal". It isn't a place that you want to reinvent so that you can be proud of it.

So the prospect of home makes me happy and all I want to do is fill it with clocks and tea-towels and cat.



Older Posts & Newer Posts