Me: . Is the indie kid without the indie pretentiousness. I'm the Aussie wannabe that tries too hard. Loves medicine and believes that it is a vocation, but is still ridiculously excited at the prospect of having a Real Job. Christian. Loves books and philosophical discussions conducted too late at night. Loves soft morning light and dusk. Obsessed with indie blogs, photography, knitting, music, 50s fashion and cats. Collects bird-themed brooches, expensive stationery and red lipstick. Dislikes cringe moments, raisins and being cold. Hello.

link link link link link

layout : drivefaraway
icon : violetbirdy
lost my heart to melbourne.
Saturday, September 17, 2011 @ 10:17 pm | comment (0)

I love Melboure, like everyone said I would.

Reasons are as follows:

1. Every second shop is a coffeeshop or an italian resturant with a funky vibe and tasty offerings.
2. Getting lost in laneways means beautiful art and discoveries of foodie hunts, interesting shops and wanky bars.
3. Everyone's wine list is better.
4. Looking up from street-level reveals a old-timey world
5. It is so much cheaper than Perth.
6 ....

My point is that I fit in and I soak up the atmosphere and it's got a sense of anticipation and wonder and a tinge of transferred nostalgia. It smells like hope and opportunity. Everything there as a shaper edge to it, is somehow more tangible, more faceted. Somewhere I can easily wander, or sit and watch the world go by, and it isn't a waste.



Older Posts & Newer Posts